Thursday 15 March 2012

Want to start your day on a high? Hug a Donkey


Recently Guinness and Irwin have started hanging around the chook palace every morning when I head out around dawn to let the girls out. They have a 5 acre hillside paddock to graze and can often be not seen for days at a time. I initially thought they were interested in the chooker moles but, it would seem, it’s my enlightening conversation and a hug that attracts them. They have more food than they could possibly ever eat – no matter how hard they try – but they seem to be only interested in a loving hug. BTW ever seen an oval donkey – I’ll try and get a front on photo one day… hilarious FAT OVAL DONKEYS!

Does my bum look big in this? (Irwin)
They just want me to scratch their necks and there’s nothing nicer than being able to unconditionally hug the neck of a trusting donkey that has previously been so traumatised by human contact that it has taken literally years to get to this stage. How more satisfying can a hug be? (In the words of the princess on MKR…) “Yeaaahhhh”.

No comments:

Post a Comment