Sunday 28 July 2013

The Garden Share Collective - August 2013

Hi all

Well, the garden share collective has actually motivated me to get gardening. If only I had more time.

I did manage to get a trailer load of organic soil for the vege garden.


I got the first two beds sorted that day, although I had plenty of help.




Guinness and Irwin helped me with the weeding last weekend and getting the last of the soil in the garden. Only problem is I could do with another trailer load - didn't have enough to finish the job.

Who'da known donkeys like lemongrass clippings
They also did a bit of lawn mowing for me while I moved the soil.

Didn't harvest anything this month, although there are plans for some serious marmalade making in the coming weeks.

I'm off to Vanautu in the morning for a week's holiday and when I'm back I'll be sowing some heirloom seedlings and I might even buy a few punnets of seedlings to kick things off in the beds I've finished. I'll get another load of soil and finish that part of the job too. The watering system is also on my target list - it needs a major revamp and I'll add to it with the fancy new manifold like unit I bought this month. That way I can control the watering to sections of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment