Sunday 3 March 2013

The Chooker Mole Palace

It's finally finished!

The all new, chooker mole palace
After much (way too much) rain delay, and the pressing urgency of the old chook shed literally falling down around the poor chooker moles, we ended up dragging the nearly finished new shed into the garage and finishing it yesterday. Thanks to John and Mitch for helping MOTH and I to move it into place. All that recycled hardwood suddenly got very heavy.

And of course, I couldn't have made this without MOTH's significant help (well I possibly could have but would no longer have all my fingers).

The whole thing (including chandelier) cost less than $250 and is totally made from recycled materials. Doesn't look like a swing set now!

Now all I need to do is convince the ungrateful moles to use it (they went in for a look last night and then roosted on MOTH's tractor).

But I have a plan... with the current chooker mole population down to just 4, I'm off to buy some new moles and then will put tractor roosting moles in the palace with the new ones for a few days. Tough love here!

No comments:

Post a Comment