Saturday 28 April 2012

It's raining, it's pouring...

I'd take a photo from the deck of the valley but it looks like white noise...

It's been raining for 24 hours now and we've had more than 130mm of constant rain and there is no sign of it letting up. This has the potential to be very bad. Around here the creeks come up quickly, roads close without warning, dams overflow and landslides  are far too common. We are still doing repair work from the January 2011 storms on our property.

Anyway... I've just come in from rugging two very wet donkeys and giving them some chaff to warm their bellies. They will dry out pretty quickly and be toasty under their coats. Then there's the two wet dogues that are currently lying on the living room rug on their dogs beds. That is, if you define a custom made leather poofee as a dog bed. And somewhere out in the misty rain is/was 7 chooker moles who, last time seen, looked like some sort of tiny alien dinosaurs.

I even got an emergency callout this afternoon to attend a car accident on Clear Mountain Road (am a local rural fire brigade member). I was in town so was more than an hour away. Luckily I got a STOP message ten minutes later so I can only assume it wasn't as bad as originally thought. Am glad someone got to go home to their family today.

PLEASE STOP RAINING... I just want to mow the lawn...

No comments:

Post a Comment